Customer Privacy Principles
- WE COLLECT ONLY CUSTOMER INFORMATION THAT IS NEEDED, AND WE TELL CUSTOMERS HOW WE USE IT. We limit
the collection of information about our customers to what we need to know to
administer their accounts, to provide customer services, to offer new products
and services, and to satisfy any legal and regulatory requirements. We also
tell our customers about the general uses of information we collect about
them, and we will provide additional explanation if customers request it.
- WE GIVE CUSTOMERS CHOICES ABOUT HOW THEIR INFORMATION WILL BE USED. Our business gives customers
"opt out" choices about how information about the customer's relationship with
that business unit may be used. We do not share any customer information with third parties except as required by law.
- WE ENSURE INFORMATION QUALITY. We use advanced technology, documented procedures and internal
monitoring practices to help ensure that customer information is processed
promptly, accurately and completely. We will respond in a timely manner to
customers' requests to correct inaccurate account or transaction information.
- WE USE PRUDENT INFORMATION SECURITY SAFEGUARDS. We limit access to customer information systems to
those who specifically need it to conduct their business responsibilities, and
to meet our customer servicing commitments. We employ safeguards designed to
protect the confidentiality and security of our customer information.
- WE LIMIT THE DISCLOSURE OF CUSTOMER INFORMATION. We do not disclose customer information unless we
have previously informed or been authorized by the customer, or we do so in
connection with our efforts to reduce fraud or criminal activity and to comply
with regulatory requirements and guidelines. When a court order or subpoena
requires us to release information, we typically notify the customer to give
the customer an opportunity to exercise his or her legal rights.